Pannon Wine Tour
|Type:||Guided tour for groups|
|Dates:||All year round|
On this one day wine tour you will visit three traditional wine regions : Pannonhalma, Mór and Etyek.
Pannonhalma is a World Heritage Site, about 135 km distance from Budapest, settled by Benedictin monks in 996. After the end of
communism era they started with new planting to revive the traditions of thousand years old local vine culture. Now you can find numerous grape breeds here, like rheinland reisling, sauvignon blanc, rewürztraminer Italian reisling, chardonnay, pinot blanc,
pinot noir. Etyek territory got the rank of a wine region only in 1990, but they had vine growing tradition since centuries. The base wine from Etyek was used for producing the famous Törley champagnes.
- Transfer by minibus to Pannonhalma, the World Heritage Site
- Visiting the Benedictin Abbey of Pannonhalma
- Tasting the wines of Pannonhalma wine region in the winery of Pannonhalma Archabbey
- Lunch in Pannonhalma restaurant
- Transfer to Mór
- Wine tasting in a cellar of Mór wine region
("Ezerjó" , the representative wine of Mór is a Hungaricum)
- Wine tasting in a representative cellar of Etyek wine route
- Transfer to Budapest
Our itinerary may change depending on the arrival date. Before booking, please enquire about the final program.
All year round
EUR 125 / persons
The participation fee includes lunch, 3 wine-tasting, cellar visit
and programs as indicated, transportation and guide.